The Division of Academic and Student Affairs began developing a strategic plan for the division in 2012. Through a rigorous process involving division-wide meetings, conferences, and retreats, the 2013-2020 DASA Strategic Plan was developed. The effort was led by the Office of Assessment and engaged a wide selection of individuals from across the division. Its implementation began in Fall 2014 and is expected to continue until 2020.
- Goal One: Shape Your Life: Promoting student success through personal responsibility in a supportive environment
- Goal Two: Open Your Mind: Promoting student success through educational innovation and intellectual growth
- Goal Three: Build Your Community: Promoting Student Success Through Engagement
- Goal Four: Serve the University: Providing Leadership for Student Success
- Goal Five: Ensure Sustainability: Developing and Stewarding Resources for Organizational Excellence
A Strategic Plan Town Hall was held on February 27, 2018. Areas of focus included updates on Phase 2, status of new initiatives, and an overview of accomplishments.
Summer and Fall 2017
Phase 2 teams made significant progress over the Fall and Spring semesters and submitted annual reports in July of 2017. On August 4, 2017,Goal Team Leaders, the Strategic Planning Leadership Committee, and representatives from each of the Phase 2 initiatives met to review progress and provide feedback on the strategic planning process.
A Strategic Plan Town Hall was held on February 8, 2017, which presented an overview of Phase 2 and an introduction of new initiatives and team leaders. The DASA Strategic Planning Committee reviewed metrics for Phase 1 and the progress of Phase 2.
Over 25 original initiatives were completed and fifteen were in progress by Fall 2016.
Phase 2 of the strategic planning process started Fall 2016 and identified new initiatives as well as previous initiatives not completed. The DASA Strategic Planning Leadership Committee was created to provide oversight and guidance for the strategic planning process including the development of a communications plan, facilitation of town halls, and team leader training.
The DASA leadership cabinet engaged in an environmental scan. New initiatives were identified for inclusion in Phase 2.
In Fall 2013 all faculty and staff across the division were invited to participate in implementation teams, with over 140 members participating. Over the course of three years, teams worked diligently to move the strategic plan forward.
In 2012 DASA hired Strategic Initiatives as a consultant to begin the conceptualization of the strategic planning process for the division. Over the course of a year the division and consultant narrowed down the primary goals, strategies, and initiatives. Members of DASA were asked to lead the five primary goals and and organized the goals into initiatives and assigned thes goal to teams.
- 2013 – 2020 Division of Academic and Student Affairs Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan Information Flow (Spring 2018)
- Strategic Plan Town Hall (Spring 2017)
- Strategic Plan Update from Town Hall (Fall 2014)
- Strategic Plan Overview (Spring 2014)
- Ideation PPT
Contact Carrie Zelna