(Message from NCSU Transportation)
Beginning Monday, May 14, road closures and traffic restrictions will be in place for the Carmichael Gym and Yarbrough Dr. Steam Tunnel construction projects. The following roadways, parking locations, and transit stops will be impacted by the projects:
Yarbrough Dr. Steam Tunnel Project; May 14 – August 1, 2018
- Yarbrough Drive will be closed to through traffic at the Mann South lot and Yarbrough lot.
- Yarbrough Drive at Stinson Drive will adopt a new traffic pattern for one-way traffic during the duration of the project. Please see map for details.
Carmichael Gym Project; May 14, 2018 – Fall 2019 (estimated completion date)
- Cates Ave. will shift to one way only between Morrill Dr. and Dan Allen Dr. Traffic will not be allowed to flow westbound on Cates Ave. towards Dan Allen Dr.
- Parking located directly in front of the Talley Student Union along Cates as well as approximately 30 spaces in the Carmichael lot will be blocked off for contractor staging.
- Parking along Morrill Dr. adjacent to the Dail Softball Stadium field will be used for an expanded pedestrian walkway.
- The Wolfline stop at Carmichael Gym will move approximately 200 feet south of its current location.
For up-to-date project impacts related to transportation please visit Transportation’s Construction Alerts webpage.
Pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorists should obey all posted signs and use caution while traveling in these areas.
As a reminder, Transportation will operate under modified enforcement May 14 – August 15. Any valid commuter or resident student-parking permit may park in any commuter or resident student parking area. Zones B and C employee areas are still enforced and vehicles must display the appropriate employee parking permit for these areas.
*All work is subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.*Share this post