What is Co-Working?
Have you wished there were more opportunities to collaborate and network with your colleagues across the division? Are you tired of sitting at the same old desk every day and need a change of scenery? Do you have specific questions you’d like to have answered and work through? Well if you do…
We’re happy to announce regular co-working days for DASA employees. See the DASA Faculty-Staff Events Calendar for the current dates. You don’t have to register — just show up. This is an informal, collaborative environment intended to encourage networking and boost our individual and collective productivity.
Work with a Buddy
Been meaning to catch up with someone in particular in another unit across the the division? Arrange to meet at the co-working location, find a table, and get that one-on-one time that will help you sustain your professional relationships.
Work in Groups
If you can work in a sometimes chatty, active environment, then this might be a great opportunity to get a group together to work on a project — especially if it is one that might benefit from others who are in the room to provide help (see below).
We will try to ensure that various experts from across the division are available to help with the following topics. Because this is a “drop in” environment, there might be others ahead of you in the queue, so be sure to bring something to work on if you have to wait a bit. It’s first come, first serve.
- Assessment (Planning, methods, etc)
- Branding and Marketing/Communications (Bronto, print materials, etc)
- Development (Stewardship, “How do I fit into DASA development?”, etc)
- Finance (Running queries, etc)
- Forms (Qualtrics, Google Forms)
- Guidebook (Building/tweaking your Guide, etc)
- Human Resources (PeopleAdmin, etc)
- Mobile Devices (wireless connection, email/calendar setup, etc)
- Stump the Geeks (Try your best!)
- Web (WordPress, images, layout, etc)