Students who are experiencing challenges due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) should submit a CARES Act Emergency Grant application available in the MyPack Portal. Students not eligible for support under the CARES Act may apply for funding from the Pack Essentials Student Emergency Fund. Please note that we are processing applications as quickly as possible but response times may be longer than usual. Please only submit one application per student.
Campus Basic Needs Resources
In addition to the resources mentioned on the NC State coronavirus website, the Pack Essentials website will list additional resources under this tab as they are presented. These resources have been suggested to us but we are unable to confirm each program.
Food and Housing
NC State is dedicated to providing support for those who are food and/or housing insecure. From the Feed the Pack Food Pantry to temporary and emergency housing, there are resources for students across campus.
Departments across NC State offer educational support, high impact experiences, and opportunities for research funding and scholarships.
Check out these resources from free computer software to clothes for an interview, childcare, and more.
Basic needs resources available for NC State students include:
- Feed the Pack
- University Dining Employment
- Food Recovery Network
- University Housing Kitchens
- Agroecology Education Farm
- University Short Term Loans
- Financial Aid
- Pack Promise Financial Aid program
- College Emergency Funds (College of Education)
- Financial Literacy Month
- University Tutorial Center
- TRiO Programs
- Work-Study Program
- University Libraries
- Fellowships Advising Office
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- Office of Information Technology
- Wolfpack Styled Professional Closet
- Undergraduate Major: Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems
- Student Health Services
- Student Legal Services
- Low Cost Bus Passes
- Academics- Seeding Food Studies
- FREE Access to Microsoft Office 365
- Service/Leadership- Alternative Service Break- Hunger and Homelessness Trip